Prep Open Morning
08 January 2019
Prep at Ormiston College, where opportunity begins
Experience the wonder of the exciting Prep Program at Ormiston College.
Families with children eligible to enter Prep in 2020 and 2021 are invited to a special Open Morning.
Tuesday 26 February. 9.30am to 10.45am.
Bookings are essential. Please register below.
Why Prep at Ormiston College is the best start for your child
Children come to Prep with a wide and varied range of experience, abilities, needs and interests. They have a natural curiosity about their world and the world around them. This sense of wonder provides an excellent platform for planning their learning through interactions with others, experimentation, scaffolding, explicit teaching, practice and play in the classroom and beyond.
- Dedicated Teachers, each supported by a full-time Teacher Aide inspire students to be the best they can be through engaging programs that develop curiosity, encourage creativity and foster a lifelong love of learning
- Classroom learning is complemented by specialist lessons in Music, Visual Art, Library and Physical Education; students also enjoy the opportunity to participate in a vibrant and extensive co-curricular program
- An inclusive learning environment, where each child has a sense of belonging and is individually supported and nurtured
- Purpose-designed Prep Precinct supports 21st century student-driven teaching and learning with well-appointed indoor and outdoor spaces
- Students in Prep extend upon their language development through learning Chinese as an additional language. Through games, dramatisation, active listening and action-related talk, students are immersed in sounds and spoken words of Chinese.
Your decision to begin your child’s learning journey at Ormiston College will set them on the pathway to future success.