Posted on 22 May 2019
Every new acknowledgement of the wonderful work we do here at Ormiston College confirms for us that we are continuing to do a superb job when it comes to providing our students with the very best education that a school can offer.
We are extremely proud that Ormiston College and our staff have been selected as finalists in multiple categories of the 2019 Australian Education Awards, including:
• Primary School of the Year – Non-Government
• Secondary School of the Year – Non-Government
• Best Use of Technology
• Innovation in Curriculum Design
• Innovation in Learning Environment Design
• Department Head of the Year (Tamara Sullivan, Head of Academics and Innovation)
• Department Head of the Year (Amanda Bowker, Dean of Teaching and Learning)
• School Principal of the Year – Non-Government (Brett Webster)
This notable accomplishment also puts Ormiston College in the running for the 2019 Australian School of the Year.
The finalists for the awards represent the very best in the education sector Australia wide and these awards recognise the extraordinary work the Ormiston College team of teachers and administrators do every day to enable students to meet the ever-changing demands of a 21st century world.
Although the award winners will be announced in Sydney, in August, our community can already be very proud that OC is included among a group of Australia’s most highly regarded schools.
Further information can be found at the following link to the announcement published by The Educator Magazine.